Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Welcome to Canterbury Elementary School's general questions and answers section. We will update questions and answers to reflect the latest information regarding our school. We hope you find them helpful and informative.
- What are the procedures for reporting an absence or tardy? Parents must call school (414) 423-2770 each day of the absence by 9 a.m. All absences that are not approved by a parent will be considered truancy.
- What are the School Hours? The first bell rings at 8:39 a.m and the tardy bell rings at 8:44 a.m. The end of the school day is 3:30p.m. Canterbury's office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Teachers are available to take phone calls from 7:45 to 8:25 a.m. and 3:30 to 3:45 p.m.
- What are the procedures if my child must take medication while at school? Any prescription medication that will be administered at school must be accompanied by a district prescription medication form signed by the parent and physician. If a student will carry an inhaler, the same form is required with the parent and physician's signatures. A parent signature is required on the form for any non-prescription medication.
- How can I contact a teacher? Teachers have voice mail, so messages may be left for them at any time. If you wish to visit a classroom or set up a conference, please call or email the teacher to set up an appointment.
- Can I visit the school? We welcome parents and guardians at any time but please call ahead and make an appointment so you will have the best opportunity to visit, as there are several different specials that go on throughout the day. All visitors and volunteers are required to stop in the office, register, and pick up a badge.
- How can I pay for my child's lunch? Greendale School District Food Service has implemented a computerized debit system that will replace the traditional cash registers currently being used in the cafeteria lunch lines. Payments can be sent in cash or check form with your child to the school office or you can use our online system SchoolBucks for more convenience. For questions, please feel free to call the food service office at (414) 423-2780 ext: 4314.